ESTABLISHING THE TEACHER WITHIN
6 WEEK YOGA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? - to take action & develop confidence by refining your skills and deepening your understanding of the psychology of teaching yoga
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
- 20hrs of workshop instruction
- A 60 min 1 on 1 session
- Weekly email/phone correspondence
- Handouts & worksheets
WHO IS THIS FOR? - If you are in any of the categories below, this program would be suitable for you:
- 200 hr yoga teacher graduate
- Desire more confidence & motivation
- Discover new skills and perspectives on teaching
- Want to build a network with other yoga teachers
- Seek guidance from a more senior teacher
- Want to build a professional & sustainable yoga career
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DOING MENTORSHIP
IN A SMALL GROUP?
- Small group (8 people max) gives you many opportunities in the program to practice teaching, receive personal attention and ask many questions
- You will get to teach a 20 min sequence to the group and receive individual feedback from me
- You will get to teach in specific exercises with your classmates and receive feedback from me
- You will get to network and receive support from other teachers, even after the program
- You will get to develop a teacher-student relationship with me throughout the program, in our 1 on 1 session and through phone/email correspondence.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to sequence to beginners, all-levels & intermediate students
- How to save time when class planning
- How to develop fluency in your languaging & cueing
- How to theme with authenticity & eloquence
- How to offer effective verbal & hands-on adjustments
- How to tackle fear & limiting beliefs about being a teacher
- How to build rapport & connection with your students and have them come back
- How to promote your offerings on newsletters & social media with integrity
- How to establish meaningful relationships that provide teaching opportunities
- How to create a professional & affordable website in less than a day
- How to build CONFIDENCE to teach to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- And much more on teaching technique, business of yoga, community relations and the role of the teacher.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM
DATES: Sept 20, 27, Oct 4, 11, 18, 25
LOCATION: Balance Yoga Studio - 4338 Main St, Vancouver
TIME: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
# OF STUDENTS: 8 max
FEE: $395 tax included (payment plans available, inquire when registering)
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To register, please send full payment via e-transfer (email@example.com) or through PayPal to reserve your spot.
If you have questions or concerns, please email me
Curious what others thought? Read their testimonials here
WHAT IS THE CURRICULUM?
Week 1 – Direct Languaging/Cueing, Sequencing Fundamentals Part 1
Week 2 – Props/Demonstrations/Repetition, Sequencing Fundamentals Part 2
Week 3 – Observation/Adjustments/Assists, Voice & Command,
Week 4 – Creating Connection, Verbal Corrections, Class Planning
Week 5 – Vinyasa Flow Sequencing, Theming Fundamentals
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Week 1 – Cultivating Confidence & Discovering Purpose
Week 2 – Power of Reflection & Self Observation
Week 3 – Community Building & Authentic Connections
Week 4 – Online Presence, Business & Yoga
Week 5 – Creating a Vision & Action Plan
Week 1 – Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations)
Week 2 – Standing Postures
Week 3 – Hip Opening / Backbending
Week 4 – Forward Fold / Twisting
Week 5 – Standing / Arm Balancing